Get on the path to your future STEM career today! Get notified of new courses, interesting posts, opportunities, and much more!
What do YOU want to be?
Welcome to Career In STEM®!
You dream it, we help you BE it
How do you know what you want to do when you grow up if you have never DONE it? Truth is, you won’t. That is why Career In STEM® is here – to provide opportunities for middle and high school students to learn and DO what real STEM professionals do. Now. Without making extra work for teachers 🙂
Aligned with Next Generation Science Standards and Common Core State Standards
Rich, online learning environments enhanced by community, business, and educational partnerships.
All programs developed and facilitated by licensed STEM educators in collaboration with real STEM professionals.
Inquiry-based constructivist approach with a focus on learning by doing. Don’t just learn it, DO it!
Ashley Pereira, MS Ed.
Founder and CEO | email@example.com
I work with many teachers and principals, and one thing I hear time and time again is that they want to do more for career exploration, especially in STEM, but simply do not have enough time. I created Career In STEM® in response to the frustrations I experienced as a STEM major in college, as a K-12 science teacher, and now as a parent. It is my hope that in providing these resources, a STEM career will be within reach for any student, anywhere.
Read more about Ashley here.
Jovain is a rising senior at a South Florida high school who has a strong passion for computer science. This passion has led her to pursue a minor in computer science and a major in biomedical engineering. In the future, Jovain hopes to become a pediatric surgeon where she can make a positive impact in […]
About Janet Janet is a Master of Arts candidate in Design and Development of Digital Games at Columbia University. She also holds a BA in Applied Psychology from New York University. Janet is interested in games, psychology, and education. She hopes to make games that can help students learn while having fun!
Career In STEM is an active member of the STEM community locally, regionally, nationally, and abroad. Below is a small sample of meaningful contributions to the field.
- CT Women’s Hall of Fame, Curriculum Reviewer
- Soropotimist International, STEM Program Consultant
- University of Connecticut Center for Career Development, Advisor
- Bank of America, Small Business Owner Advisory Panelist
- CT Journal of Science Education, Assistant Editor
- CT State Department of Education, Science Standard Assessment Committee Member
- Journal of College Science Teaching, Two Year Community Column Reviewer
- Norrtheastern Educational Research Association, Conference Proposal Reviewer
- Environmental Protection Agency, Proposal Evaluator
We are proud to partner with a diverse network of collaborators to bring quality STEM education and career development programs to students throughout the USA. Together we are learning what works, and apply these innovations to all Career In STEM programs.
- Member, Association for Career and Technical Education
- Member, SkillsUSA
- Member, National Science Teachers Association
- Member, Eastern Evaluation Research Society
- Member, Connecticut Outdoor and Environmental Education Association
- Member, Connecticut Science Teachers Association
- Member, Northeastern Educational Research Association
- Member, CTNext
- Community Member, International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Community Member, Citizen Science Association