Get the latest free stuff, updates, and exclusive offers!
Join our community!
Mission & Vision
I started Career In STEM in May of 2017 out of the frustrations I experienced as a science teacher in Hartford, CT. My students had no idea what they wanted to be. And think about it – how do you know what you want to do until you have DONE it? The truth is, you won’t, and I couldn’t find a good way to help my students learn about STEM careers – before they graduated – so I made one, and Career In STEM was born!
I was also shocked into action when I read that 85% of people worldwide hate their jobs. I know God has given each and every one of us tremendous passion and gifts, and it has become my mission to change this statistic one youth at a time. Further, research shows that students who are exposed to career and technical education are more likely to graduate high school, be employed, and earn higher salaries (Dougherty 2016).
Today Career In STEM continues to grow exponentially with over 1 million visitors each year through games, posters, and lessons for other teachers to use in their classrooms. We are honored to be the world’s leading provider of STEM career resources used in over 13,500 classrooms across the USA and abroad.
Career In STEM is an active member of the STEM community locally, regionally, nationally, and abroad. Below is a small sample of meaningful contributions to the field.
- Eastern Employer Advisory Board, Board Member
- CT Women’s Hall of Fame, Curriculum Reviewer
- Soropotimist International, STEM Program Consultant
- University of Connecticut Center for Career Development, Advisor
- Bank of America, Small Business Owner Advisory Panelist
- CT Journal of Science Education, Assistant Editor
- CT State Department of Education, Science Standard Assessment Committee Member
- Journal of College Science Teaching, Two Year Community Column Reviewer
- Norrtheastern Educational Research Association, Conference Proposal Reviewer
- Environmental Protection Agency, Proposal Evaluator
We are proud to partner with a diverse network of collaborators to bring quality STEM education and career development programs to students throughout the USA.
- Member, Association for Career and Technical Education
- Member, SkillsUSA
- Member, National Science Teachers Association
- Member, Connecticut Science Teachers Association
- Member, CTNext
- Community Member, International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Community Member, Citizen Science Association
- In India, Career In STEM is affiliated and administered in collaboration with the India STEM Alliance.