Get the latest free stuff, updates, and exclusive offers!
Join our community!
Mission & Vision
I started Career In STEM in May of 2017 out of the frustrations I experienced as a science teacher in Hartford, CT. My students had no idea what they wanted to be. And think about it – how do you know what you want to do until you have DONE it? The truth is, you won’t, and I couldn’t find a good way to help my students learn about STEM careers – before they graduated – so I made one, and Career In STEM was born!
I was also shocked into action when I read that 85% of people worldwide hate their jobs. I know God has given each and every one of us tremendous passion and gifts, and it has become my mission to change this statistic one youth at a time. Today Career In STEM continues to grow exponentially with over 1 million visitors each year through games, posters, and lessons for other teachers to use in their classrooms. We are honored to be the world’s leading provider of STEM career resources used in over 13,900 classrooms across the USA and abroad.
Shayla Johnson is a 12th-grade student at Louise Arbour Secondary School in Brampton, Ontario. Her love for the field of science began in the 3rd grade with her participation in the Science Olympiad. Since then she has participated in various voluntary programs and activities such as the STEM Olympics, McMaster Universities Eng Overnight: Gr.11 Girls, […]
Kaitlyn C. Daniels
Kaitlyn Daniels is an upcoming Sophomore at the University of Tennessee planning to major in Computer Engineering and minor in Leadership. She is a Gold Award Girl Scout and one of Knoxville’s 20 Under 20 due to her multiple service projects ranging from collecting and donating two truck and trailer loads of food, clothing, and […]
Jacqui is a high school sophomore in the Boston, MA area who is passionate about STEM education and engaging students in interactive learning. She is the co-founder and officer of the STEM Education Club at her school, which creates and teaches pre-k through 5th-grade lessons, and a co-manager and TA of a well respected Math […]
Career In STEM is an active member of the STEM community locally, regionally, nationally, and abroad. Below is a small sample of meaningful contributions to the field.
- Eastern Employer Advisory Board, Board Member
- CT Women’s Hall of Fame, Curriculum Reviewer
- Soropotimist International, STEM Program Consultant
- University of Connecticut Center for Career Development, Advisor
- Bank of America, Small Business Owner Advisory Panelist
- CT Journal of Science Education, Assistant Editor
- CT State Department of Education, Science Standard Assessment Committee Member
- Journal of College Science Teaching, Two Year Community Column Reviewer
- Norrtheastern Educational Research Association, Conference Proposal Reviewer
- Environmental Protection Agency, Proposal Evaluator
We are proud to partner with a diverse network of collaborators to bring quality STEM education and career development programs to students throughout the USA.
- Member, Association for Career and Technical Education
- Member, SkillsUSA
- Member, National Science Teachers Association
- Member, Connecticut Science Teachers Association
- Member, CTNext
- Community Member, International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Community Member, Citizen Science Association
- In India, Career In STEM is affiliated and administered in collaboration with the India STEM Alliance.