Will you be the first person to visit Mars? See if you have what it takes in this Astronaut STEM Challenge! The Astronaut STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for teens to learn what an astronaut does, and test drive the career through fun online activities. Delivered in interactive e-book format, including:
1. interactive online astronaut career exploration resources (including virtual job shadow, downloadable info sheet in English and Spanish, and two experiments in space activities)
2. short quiz with answer key
3. Human Space Flight 101 with interactive online resources and discussion question
4. Download the Universe simulator with guiding questions (requires a free open source software download)
5. Digital Space Camp Challenge with student friendly directions and project rubric (1 page googledoc)
6. links to additional resources to explore careers in space
All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials and online resources, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete – a fun distance learning activity!
Directly aligned with MS-ESS1-2 and MS-ESS1-3.
Grades: 6-10 / Total Pages: 10 / PDF document / available on Teachers Pay Teachers