If you know a student who loves stargazing and is fascinated by space, this is the mini course for them! The Astronomer STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for teens to learn what an astronomer does, and test drive the career through fun online activities. Delivered in interactive e-book format, including:
1. interactive online astronomer career exploration resources (including virtual job shadow, downloadable info sheet in English and Spanish, and try it activity)
2. short quiz with answer key
3. How to Use a Telescope Guide with interactive online resources and activity
4. SkyView Scavenger Hunt (similar version available here; this purchase is for the expanded 12 slide googleslide presentation version)
5. Astronomy in Action Challenge with student friendly directions and project rubric (1 page googledoc)
6. optional online group for students to post projects
7. links to additional resources to explore careers in astronomy
All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials and online resources, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete – a fun distance learning activity!
Directly aligned with NGSS MS-ESS1-3.
Grades: 6-10 / Total Pages: 22 / PDF document / available on Teachers Pay Teachers