What is chemical engineering? In this lesson, students learn what a chemical engineer does and what chemical manufacturing is. As a project based assessment, students then choose an object they use in daily life, and explore the chemical content of that objects. Students come to realize that chemicals are all around us, and examine how these products are engineered and manufactured. This lesson and assessment are aligned with MS-PS1-2 and CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RST.6-8.7. Purchase includes:
1. 5E lesson plan spanning two 90 minute classes
2. student project planning sheet
3. assessment criteria and grading checklist
4. exit ticket answer guidelines
5. access to corresponding career exploration resources including virtual job shadow, simulation, and downloadable career information sheet (in English and Spanish).
Grade: 6-8 / Total Pages: 7 / sold exclusively on Teachers Pay Teachers