Ready to build your future in civil engineering? The Civil Engineering STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for students to explore the field of civil engineering and make connections to STEM. Delivered in interactive e-book format, including:
1. interactive online civil engineer career exploration resources (virtual job shadow, downloadable info sheet in English and Spanish, and link to simulation)
2. short quiz with answer key
3. how to read blueprints video with simple quiz and link for further learning
4. link to Top 10 Civil Engineering Projects infographic, with guiding question and online group to share answers
5. hands on inquiry based civil engineering project with student-friendly directions
6. optional online group for students to post projects
7. links to additional resources to explore careers in civil engineering
All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials found around the home, taking at least 2 hours for students to complete – a fun distance learning activity!
Supports NGSS MS-ETS1-4.
Grades: 6-10 / Total Pages: 11 pages / PDF document / also available on Teachers Pay Teachers