What is engineering? What does it take to be an engineer? The Engineering 101 Career Exploration Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for students to learn what engineering is, and explore careers in engineering. Delivered in interactive e-book format, including:
1. interactive online engineering career exploration resources (all including virtual job shadow, downloadable info sheet in English and Spanish, and link to simulation)
2. ‘who are engineers’ article and video series
3. fields of engineering Canva presentation (6 slides)
4. short quiz with answer key
5. qualities of an engineer poster (available individually here) with personal application question
6. open-ended engineering career exploration project with student-friendly directions and rubric
7. links to additional resources to explore careers in engineering
All activities are designed to be completed independently, taking at least 2 hours for students to complete – a fun distance learning activity!
Supports CCSS RST.6-8.7.
Grades: 6-10 / Total Pages: 17 pages / PDF document / also available on Teachers Pay Teachers