Explore STEM powered fashion and make your own in the Fashion Design STEM Challenge! In this self-guided distance learning mini course students will explore the field of fashion design and make connections to STEM through inquiry-based activities. Delivered in interactive e-book format, including:
1. interactive online fashion designer career exploration resources (virtual job shadow, downloadable info sheet in English and Spanish, and link to simulation)
2. short quiz with answer key
3. fashion design + STEM connections infographic
4. video to explain recycled, STEM themed, and STEM powered fashion (3min 30 seconds)
5. hands on inquiry based fashion design project with student-friendly directions and one page rubric (googledoc)
6. coding + fashion design activity
7. links to additional resources to explore careers in fashion
All activities are designed to be completed independently, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete – a fun distance learning activity!
Supports NGSS MS-ETS1-1.
Grades: 6-10 / Total Pages: 11 pages / PDF document / also available on Teachers Pay Teachers