From TV to fashion, fiber optics play an important role in transmitting digitized signals. In this class demo and webquest students will investigate waves and their applications in support of MS-PS4-3:
- Make qualitative observations of waves
- Compare and contrast analog vs. digital signals
- Explain what a fiber optic cable is, how it works, and its applications
- Summarize what a fiber optic technician does
- Apply principles of digitized signals to design a fiber optic item
Purchase includes 5E lesson plan with directions for class demo, student webquest packet, and webquest answer key.
Grades: 6-12 / Total Pages: 14