From cleaning our homes to assisting in complex surgeries, robots are an important and increasing part of our lives. The Intro to Robotics STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for teens to explore the field of robotics, and test drive robotics careers through fun online activities. Delivered in interactive e-book format, including:
1. Smart Machines infographic with interactive online robotics career exploration resources (including virtual job shadow, downloadable info sheet in English and Spanish, and try it activity) [available individually here]
2. How Robots Work video with discussion question/writing prompt
3. Robots for…. Mini Research Project (18 slide googleslide presentation)
4. Robotics For the Future Challenge with student friendly directions and project rubric (1 page googledoc)
5. links to additional resources to explore careers in robotics
All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials and online resources, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete – a fun distance learning activity!
Directly aligned with NGSS MS-ETS1-3, supports NGSS MS-PS4-3.
Grades: 6-10 / Total Pages: 29 / PDF document / also available on Teachers Pay Teachers