A landscape architect designs landscapes and outdoor areas.
VIRTUAL JOB SHADOW
Welcome to your first day on the job! Watch this video to see what a day in the life of a landscape architect is like.
As the world population nears 7 billion, our food supply is becoming strained. One way to provide food in a sustainable way is edible landscapes! For this activity, design an edible landscape for your backyard!
- Sketch your backyard on a piece of paper.
- Click here to read a list of fruits and vegetables that can be used in an edible garden.
- Choose at least 4 plants to include in your edible garden.
- Based on what those plants need (ex: lots of sun, shade, moisture, etc.) decide where in your yard to plant them. Sketch them in on your backyard design.
- Get some seeds and bring your edible landscape to life!
- Enjoy the fruits of your labor 🙂
- Optional: Send a picture of your edible landscape to us at email@example.com to be featured on our Instagram!