What is a makerspace? Go behind the scenes of a real makerspace to see for yourself with this Prezi! Perfect for introducing and explaining the concept of makerspaces, and allows students to see real examples of makerspaces.
Prezi presentation is 15 slides total. Content of slides include:
– definition of a makerspace (including text and an animated YouTube video)
– explanation of how makerspaces work
– description of tools/equipment typically found in a makerspace
– tour of a real makerspace: real photos and explanations of the rooms of a real makerspace (woodshop, store, art floor, commercial kitchen)
– directions to create a Makerspace in a Box (perfect to get started with your own classroom or home makerspace!)
– YouTube video showing a school-based makerspace with students in action
Purchase includes a zip file with PDF version of this Prezi, a link to the real online version, and all the original photos used in the Prezi. Presentation is most appropriate for students grades 4-12.
Grades: 4-10 / Total Pages: 16 pages / available on Teachers Pay Teachers