From toothbrushes to tractors, machines are everywhere! The Mechanical Engineering STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for teens to learn what mechanical engineering is, explore careers in mechanical engineering, and test drive the career through fun activities led by a real Professor of Mechanical Engineering. Delivered in interactive e-book format, including:
1. interactive online mechanical career exploration resources (including virtual job shadow, downloadable info sheet in English and Spanish, and link to fun game)
2. Mechanical Engineering 101 video lesson
3. short quiz with answer key
4. Core Design Process video lesson with online reflection question
5. Mechanical engineering design challenge with student friendly directions, links to online video tutorials, and googleslide project rubric (2 slides)
6. links to additional resources to explore careers in mechanical engineering
All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials found around the home, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete – a fun distance learning activity!
Directly aligned with NGSS MS-ETS1-4.
Grades: 6-10 / Total Pages: 11 / PDF document / also available on Teachers Pay Teachers