Ocean engineers design, build, and monitor tools, technology, and structures for the ocean.
VIRTUAL JOB SHADOW
Welcome to your first day on the job! Watch this video to see what a day in the life of an Ocean Engineer is like.
Try the classic tin foil boat and pennies challenge!
- Build a boat using only tin foil.
- Put the boat in a small container of water.
- Add pennies!
- Keep going until the boat sinks.
- Whichever boat holds the most pennies wins!
- Discuss: How does this relate to what ocean engineers do?
Optional: Send a picture of your winning boat to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured on Instagram!