Fascinating fun with physics! The Physics STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for teens to learn what physics is, explore careers in physics, and test drive the career through fun activities. Delivered in interactive e-book format, including:
1. interactive online physicist career exploration resources (including virtual job shadow, downloadable info sheet in English and Spanish, and link to simulation)
2. astrophysics PhD student office tour
3. fascinating physics research activity
4. short quiz with answer key
5. ‘scicomm’ activity and tips infographic
6. radiation shield design challenge with student friendly directions, links to online readings, and googleslide presentation ‘answer key’ (4 slides)
7. links to additional resources to explore careers in physics
All activities are designed to be completed independently, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete – a fun distance learning activity!
Directly aligned with NGSS MS-PS4-2.
Grades: 6-10 / Total Pages: 15 / PDF document / also available on Teachers Pay Teachers