A must have for Earth Day or any environmental science class!
In this lesson students will begin by taking an online Ecological Footprint test and assess sustainability of their own lifestyle. In groups, students will brainstorm ways to increase sustainability, and then will embark on a mini research project to explore 5 Sustainability Methods You Never Knew Existed. Purchase includes:
1. Lesson plan written in 5E format with notes for distance learning use (6 pages)
2. Student worksheet to scaffold the mini research project (editable WORD doc)
3. Access to 100+ online STEM career exploration resources
4. Powerpoint presentation including video and embedded links used for mini research project (9 slides; also includes link to googleslides version)
5. Exit ticket assessment with Claim, Evidence, Reasoning rubric
6. Extension ideas for early finishers/advanced learners
Directly aligned with NGSS HS-ESS3-4. Will take a minimum of 90 minutes to complete. Students can successfully complete this activity independently – a helpful distance learning resource.
24 pages / 90 minutes / grades 6-12