How can YOU help make the world a better place? The Sustainability STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for teens to learn what a sustainability analyst does, and test drive the career through fun online activities. Delivered in interactive e-book format, including:
1. interactive online sustainability analyst career exploration resources (including virtual job shadow, downloadable info sheet in English and Spanish, and link to fun game)
2. short quiz with answer key
3. Sustainability 101 investigation
4. UN Goals for Sustainable Development mini research project (18 google slides) and Go Goals! Game
5. Sustainability Analyst Challenge with student friendly directions and project rubric (1 page googledoc)
6. optional online group for students to post projects
7. links to additional resources to explore careers in sustainability
All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials and online resources, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete – a fun distance learning activity!
Directly aligned with NGSS MS-ESS3-3.
Grades: 6-10 / Total Pages: 28 / PDF document / also available on Teachers Pay Teachers