Help students turn their love of video games into a career! The Video Game Design STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for teens to learn what a video game designer does, and test drive the career through fun online activities. Delivered in interactive e-book format, including:
1. interactive online video game designer career exploration resources (including virtual job shadow, and downloadable info sheet in English and Spanish)
2. short quiz with answer key
3. Types of Games infographic and online forum question
4. Guide to Video Game Design for Teens with TED Talk and focus questions
5. Video Game Design Challenge with student friendly directions and project rubric (1 page WORD doc)
6. optional online group for students to post projects
7. links to additional resources to explore careers in video game design
All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials and online resources, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete – a fun distance learning activity!
Directly aligned with NGSS MS-ETS1-3.
Grades: 6-10 / Total Pages: 11 / PDF document / also available on Teachers Pay Teachers