If you love animals, this mini course is for you! The Wildlife STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for teens to explore careers related to wildlife through fun online activities and offline projects. Delivered in interactive e-book format, including:
1. Wonderful world of wildlife biodiversity survey with printable data table
2. Wildlife career exploration resources for fish & game warden, wildlife conservationist, zoologist, and nonprofit director (each with virtual job shadow video, downloadable info sheet, and fun game/activity)
3. Simple quiz to check for understanding
4. How to safely respond to wildlife emergencies: infographic and 11 slide googleslide presentation including 2 instructional videos
5. Wildlife STEM Challenge with student friendly directions and two page googledoc rubric
6. Links to additional resources to explore wildlife careers
All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials and online resources, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete – a fun distance learning activity!
Supports NGSS MS-LS2-5.
Grades: 6-10 / Total Pages: 23 / PDF document / also available on Teachers Pay Teachers